Website & Software Quality Analyst - Part-time
TIP is a digital transformation agency that creates awesome products that live on desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones. These amazing and beautiful platforms help to transform people’s lives to produce a memorable connection to a product or service that grows over time.
We get to build world-class platforms with our minds that grant amazing superpowers to our clients and their consumers. We’re geeky, creative, techy as all get out, and inspiring.
For the past 25 years, there has been an exciting demand for what we do. Partly because we only do custom work, partly because we are really good at what we do, and partly because we’re passionate about making the world smarter and friendlier.
This is a part-time role in our Charlotte office that overlooks our amazing city. If you’re interested in playing the role in accelerating user growth, please read on. We are looking for someone from the Charlotte area for about 20 hours per week.
Why we need you
A large part of our daily mission is releasing flawless websites and software. That requires testing, testing, and more testing. One error causes the customer experience to fail.
We are responsible for a customer’s journey from the first time they see a product or service, through the just-in-time experience. It’s the strategy, research, creativity, functionality, data, and analytics.
The technology that we produce for our clients must be perfect, instantly-accessible, and immediately gratifying. We need your qa skills to achieve greatness.
With your help and experience, we can move mountains. And have a lot of fun doing it!
Magical things you’ll be doing
- Manually test the functionality of web software and websites.
- Dynamically adapt test approach to the context of each project.
- Perform exploratory testing.
- Cross-browser compatibility testing.
- Develop and execute test cases, document results
- Log clear, reproducible bug reports.
- Advocate for bugs throughout the resolution process.
- Experience Quality Assurance testing
- Experience testing on mobile platforms (Android and iOS)
- Experience building and executing test plans and cases
- Experience managing test plans and cases
- Experience testing reporting systems
- Automation testing experience a plus
- Experience working in the Agile methodology
- A curious and skeptical tester's mindset
- 1+ year software testing experience on complex applications
- Ability to follow direction, take ownership of assignments, and work well with others
- Willing to work independently and remotely with little to no supervision
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people at various levels
- Clear and concise documentation skills
- Ability to operate in situations with ambiguous or incomplete information
- Detail oriented
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple activities and projects at the same time
- Strong Internet knowledge
- General computer/networking knowledge
- Sense of humor
No recruiters, please.
- All Mac laptops – hey, we’re creative and techy. We love new technology, new platforms, new tools, and new shiny things.
- Standing, sitting, perching and lounging workspace – we just bought all new workspace furnishings, gizmos, and tech.
- Gorgeous modern loft offices – we’re in the Carolina School Supply Building just 2 blocks from BOA Stadium. We’re so close that we can hear Sir Purr purr.
- Winning culture – we’re 25 years old and we love to win. We’re quirky, funny, amazing and talented. Our clients love us.
- Grow into digital transformation – yep, it’s the next big thing and we’re ahead of the pack by a long shot. Learn first-hand as we do. Exciting.
- Supportive and caring team – we hope that you will like working with us as much as we like working with us.
- Mentoring – our senior people know a thing or two about a thing or two. We’ll empower you to move out of your comfort zone so you can grow up to be just like them. Plus, you can teach us a thing or two as well.