PHP + WordPress + WooCommerce Developer
TIP has an opening for a talented PHP + Wordpress Web Developer who has extensive WooCommerce expertise to add to our team. If you have a continuous desire to innovate, learn and progress, read on!
Our agency works heavily with WordPress and WooCommerce as well as with PHP Frameworks such as Laravel. The ideal candidate for this position is a team-player with a “can do” attitude, solid client communication skills and a strong knowledge of general website development best practices.
We are a growing team with big ideas so, although we have high expectations from our team, we offer a diverse project workload with a fun culture, relaxed atmosphere and a respect for a work/life balance. You will become part of our culture with fly-ins to our unique loft-style open office space in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina in the Third Ward located just 2 blocks from The Carolina Panthers Stadium. This is a full time position at our offices with the flexibility of work-from-home opportunities.
- Strong PHP programming background.
- Expertise in WordPress/WooCommerce.
- Ability to develop custom WordPress themes: starting from a blank theme & creating custom post types, custom fields, and custom taxonomies to match content types in design comps.
- Working with WP-related PHP functions & actions: writing custom WP loops, using actions/ filters to modify post content, writing custom shortcodes & widgets.
- Implement best-practices for website search engine effectiveness (SEO-friendly).
- Quality assurance website testing for cross-browser compatibility, responsive design and general website performance.
- Expert at CSS interactive design.
- Comfortable writing Sass (SCSS syntax) including the following: variables, functions, mixins, loops.
- Write clean and reusable code.
- Experience with Agile development (Scrum).
- Great understanding of REST APIs.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills for both technical and strategic discussions.
- Ability to play well with others and be a good human being.
- Comfortable working from comps in Photoshop, Figma and Sketch Experience with version control via BitBucket.
- Comfortable maintaining local server environment (*AMP stack).
A Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study and/or demonstrated work experience.
- Experience developing and managing Wordpress websites.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work and manage organic tasks and priorities within project deadlines.
- 3+ years’ experience working with databases and database architectures.
- 3+ years’ experience working with web-based technologies and practices.
- 3+ years’ experience developing and testing responsive websites.
- 3+ years’ experience building SEO-friendly websites.
- Awesome salary – We pay great salaries for great people.
- Full health insurance – We pay 100% of your health insurance.
- Paid vacations from Day 1 – You get 12 paid days off your first year to clear your mind and stretch your limbs. There's more after that.
- Multiple company vacation days – We close from Christmas through New Year’s and several other times during the year, including company-paid holidays.
- Work-Life balance – We keep our work within the normal 40 hours from Monday to Friday.
- All new Mac laptops – We love everything Mac.
- Workspace – Standing and sitting workspaces.
- Gorgeous modern loft offices – We’re just 2 blocks from Panthers Stadium in the heart of the Third Ward of Charlotte NC.
- Winning culture – We never take no for an answer.
- Grow into digital transformation – It’s the next big thing and we’re ahead of the pack by a long shot. Learn first-hand as we do. Exciting.
- Shared job profits – We believe that you should share in the job profits if you helped get us there.
- Supportive and caring team – We hope that you will like working with us as much as we like working with us.
- Team dining experiences –We like to eat out as a group and the company pays for it...at least once per week.
- Continuing education & conference allowance – We encourage you to grow your career, so we’ll pay for you to learn new things that we want to do, and send you to worthwhile conferences.
- Mentoring – We’ll empower you to move out of your comfort zone. Plus, you can teach us a thing or two as well.
This full-time position requires you to work in Charlotte, NC at our office. There will be some work-from-home.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Nio recruiters, please.