Full-Stack Python Django Developer
This is a full-time salaried on-site position in Charlotte, NC. No remote candidates, recruiters, off-shore companies, or freelance/part-time applicants will be considered.
Established in 1994, Charlotte-based The Idea People is an award winning, independent, full-service digital agency. We are straight-talking, creative, technical and marketing experts that grow the brands we serve by creating ideas that work. What makes us different? Nimbleness, no egos and our clients always have a seat at the table.
We challenge the status quo, mining for insights to enhance our creative products while searching for new ways to take advantage of different platforms. We’re also big on transparency. Being upfront and honest in how we do business has proven to be good business. And while other agencies talk of partnership, we live it. Every day, and in one unique, collaborative way.
No overblown, pretentious philosophy. Just good people with the uncommon sense to operate an integrated agency in a way that’s truly integrated. It’s one of the reasons why we continue to be successful. And why we’ve attracted top talent from across the country. But don’t take our word for it. See for yourself. There’s a seat at The Idea People waiting for you.
Who You Are
A design-minded Full Stack Python / Django Engineer must bring extensive, expert-level experience in Python/Django with the desire to mentor, motivate, and deliver quality code. You'll work on projects that will allow you to wear many hats and flex both technical development and collaborative, communication skills. Your main responsibility will be the development and implementation of huge enterprise websites, responsive ground-breaking platforms, modern e-commerce solutions, snazzy microsites, user-centric custom software, and dazzling digital experiences that change the way companies do business. If you live for taking a concept and figuring out how to bring it to life by building, coding and optimizing, then this is the perfect position for you.
- At least 5+ years of on-the-job software engineering experience with a proven track record of delivering highly scalable solutions rapidly
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale software engineering with focus on data driven solutions and high-volume data processing
- Proficiency in relational databases and key-value stores
- Proficiency using industry standard 3rd party tools such as GitHub and Docker
- Proficiency in systems design with an emphasis on performance and scalability.
- Understand repeatable automated processes for building the application, test it, document it, and deploy it at scale
- Proficient in RESTful API development
- Experience with Wagtail
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Comfortable with linux based OS and familiar with AWS deployments and infrastructure
- Be highly organized, with the ability to switch tasks based on priority and work under tight timelines
- Pluses include Angular, ReactJS, React Native, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, and LAMP stack.
What You Would Do
- Solve complex problems from conception to building out a scalable solution.
- Mentor existing software engineers and provide hands-on assistance and guidance as necessary.
- Spend most of your time coding interesting solutions, API’s, processes and integrations.
- Participate heavily in the design and architecture of our products and internal systems.
- Share knowledge and grow alongside a dedicated, skilled, and highly motivated team of other developers.
- Work in an exciting, established fast growing agency filled with passionate and friendly people.
- Health Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Shared profits based on performance
- Work/life balance
- Casual dress code
- Ongoing training opportunities
- 10 paid holidays
- Awesome coworkers