WordPress Front-end Developer
This is a full-time salaried on-site position in Charlotte, NC. No remote candidates, recruiters, off-shore companies, or freelance/part-time applicants will be considered.
Established in 1994, Charlotte-based The Idea People is an award winning, independent, full-service digital agency. We are straight-talking, creative, technical and marketing experts that grow the brands we serve by creating ideas that work. What makes us different? Nimbleness, no egos and our clients always have a seat at the table.
We challenge the status quo, mining for insights to enhance our creative products while searching for new ways to take advantage of different platforms. We’re also big on transparency. Being upfront and honest in how we do business has proven to be good business. And while other agencies talk of partnership, we live it. Every day, and in one unique, collaborative way.
No overblown, pretentious philosophy. Just good people with the uncommon sense to operate an integrated agency in a way that’s truly integrated. It’s one of the reasons why we continue to be successful. And why we’ve attracted top talent from across the country. But don’t take our word for it. See for yourself. There’s a seat at The Idea People waiting for you.
Who You Are
A design-minded Front-end Engineer must bring extensive, expert-level experience in Front-end development in WordPress with the desire to mentor, motivate, and deliver quality code. You'll work on projects, including WordPress platforms, that will allow you to wear many hats and flex both technical development and collaborative, communication skills. Your main responsibility will be the development and implementation of huge enterprise websites, responsive ground-breaking platforms, modern e-commerce solutions, snazzy microsites, user-centric software interfaces, and dazzling digital experiences that change the way companies do business. If you live for taking a concept and figuring out how to bring it to life by building, coding and optimizing, then this is the perfect position for you.
- 5+ years of experience producing interactive projects working in an agency environment or in-house design department
- Proficiency in WordPress, knowledge in CraftCMS, and the ability to develop custom CMS solutions
- Provide a comprehensive portfolio demonstrating relevant work
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles including composition, color theory and typography
- Solid understanding of types of user experiences possible by current and emerging digital technologies
- Fully versed in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in motion graphics with web-based animation tools and eagerness to perfect your skills in Canvas, WebGL and Greensock
- Experience with motion graphics programs like After Effects and Premiere are beneficial
- Expertise with SASS and Grunt
- Strong understanding of responsive, mobile-first design
- Experience with digital user interface design, usability testing, understanding of browser capabilities and limitations
- User Interaction design proficiency required
- Experience with RESTful services and APIs
- Solid ability to independently research and troubleshoot solutions to problems as they arise
- Ability to accommodate rapid change requests, executing new layouts/requests with little oversight
- Be highly organized, with the ability to switch tasks based on priority and work under tight timelines
What You Would Do
- Develop digital communications, including finalizing layouts and creation of web-ready assets for user-friendly large websites, rich media, HTML5 banners, microsites, email campaigns, mobile application components, video and animations to be brand consistent with an overall campaign
- Work closely with other developers to pioneer and evangelize front end technologies
- Taking designs and preparing files for release to ensure proper functionality once live
- Convert concept mockups to digital assets for use in multiple platforms
- Support the execution of new creative ideas with the creative and digital team
- Help with quality control including troubleshooting, double checking of work and proofreading
- Managing revisions, updates, versions and assets of clients
- Collaborate with the creative teams on possibilities, and applications within the digital landscape
- Health Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Shared profits based on performance
- Ongoing training opportunities
- 10 paid holidays
- Awesome coworkers