Sr. Django Python Developer - Remote
This is a remote full-time salaried, or part-time hourly position. You must be in the United States (East Coast preferred), and a US citizen. No recruiters please.
Unique career opportunities to work with clients and projects that make a difference in people’s lives and company’s destinies are rare. Over the past 25 years, we’ve had a so many challenging and rewarding client projects build the fabric of who we are today as a development and design agency.
Our development teams work with closely with global and national entities that depend on us to fulfill portions of their missions and business plans. It's a good feeling. And the work that we are doing for them save actual lives, turn around negative directions and impact the lives of the people who work at these companies in a positive manner.
The fact is that we need more experienced career-focused development minds to help us and our clients. You will have the opportunity to shine and showcase your experience and capabilities. Plus you’ll solve major problems with our client companies. And because we’re smaller than the banks and the big box store development teams, each member of our team is a superstar. You’ll see your work and contributions matter on a daily basis.
Come talk with us about being a superstar and making major contributions every day with our team. You’ll work with extremely smart people, a richly experienced project manager, fun designers and digital minds, and owners that are always investing back into our people and culture.
Our pay and benefits are comparative to banks and corporate behemoths. But without the negative politics, red tape, terrible parking (we have free parking!), cut-throat competition and unsettling contract work. Come be stable in a supportive, nurturing, friendly, fun and progressive culture. You’ll feel good about working with us and you’ll feel good about growing your career with us.
Who You Are
A design-minded Full Stack Python / Django Engineer must bring extensive, expert-level experience in Python/Django with the desire to mentor, motivate, and deliver quality code. You'll work on projects that will allow you to wear many hats and flex both technical development and collaborative, communication skills. Your main responsibility will be the development and implementation of huge enterprise websites, responsive ground-breaking platforms, modern e-commerce solutions, snazzy microsites, user-centric custom software, and dazzling digital experiences that change the way companies do business. If you live for taking a concept and figuring out how to bring it to life by building, coding and optimizing, then this is the perfect position for you.
- At least 5+ years of on-the-job software engineering experience with a proven track record of delivering highly scalable solutions rapidly
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale software engineering with focus on data driven solutions and high-volume data processing
- Proficiency in relational databases and key-value stores
- Proficiency using industry standard 3rd party tools such as GitHub and Docker
- Proficiency in systems design with an emphasis on performance and scalability
- Understand repeatable automated processes for building the application, test it, document it, and deploy it at scale
- Proficient in RESTful API development
- Experience with Wagtail
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Comfortable with linux based OS and familiar with AWS deployments and infrastructure
- Be highly organized, with the ability to switch tasks based on priority and work under tight timelines
- Pluses include Angular, ReactJS, React Native, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, and LAMP stack
What You Would Do
- Solve complex problems from conception to building out a scalable solution
- Mentor existing software engineers and provide hands-on assistance and guidance as necessary
- Spend most of your time coding interesting solutions, API’s, processes and integrations
- Participate heavily in the design and architecture of our products and internal systems
- Share knowledge and grow alongside a dedicated, skilled, and highly motivated team of other developers
- Work in an exciting, established fast growing agency filled with passionate and friendly people
- Health insurance
- Paid vacations
- Shared profits based on performance
- Work/life balance
- Casual dress code
- Ongoing training opportunities
- 10 paid holidays
- Awesome coworkers