Software QA Analyst / Engineer
Established in 1994, Charlotte-based The Idea People is an award winning, independent, full-service digital agency. We are straight-talking, creative, technical and marketing experts that grow the brands we serve by creating ideas that work. What makes us different? Nimbleness, no egos and our clients always have a seat at the table.
We challenge the status quo, mining for insights to enhance our creative products while searching for new ways to take advantage of different platforms. We’re also big on transparency. Being upfront and honest in how we do business has proven to be good business. And while other agencies talk of partnership, we live it. Every day, and in one unique, collaborative way.
No overblown, pretentious philosophy. Just good people with the uncommon sense to operate an integrated agency in a way that’s truly integrated. It’s one of the reasons why we continue to be successful. And why we’ve attracted top talent from across the country. But don’t take our word for it. See for yourself. There’s a seat at The Idea People waiting for you.
Who You Are
This position ensures that developing projects meet all established requirements through extensive quality assurance testing and auditing. The software qa engineer is responsible for creating test plans, performs tests, and documents and communicates software testing results for open-source projects. Ensures completed software meets established standards. The quality analyst will work closely with the Project Managers, Business Analysts and the project teams as well as clients to capture these specific needs. Additionally, the analyst will deliver the creation of client training content and support documentation.
- Plan test approach based on business requirements.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures by utilizing comprehensive business requirements, functional documentation and processes.
- Manually test any new software to ensure functional requirements, system compliance and technical specifications are adhered to and executes test scripts.
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Create / maintain databases of known test defects.
- Ability to unit test and perform regression testing.
- Work across departments to validate actual test results against expected results.
- Review and document defects against business documentation throughout the systems development life-cycle.
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders.
- Analyze complex situations and recommend solutions to the team.
- Leads ‘train the trainer’ efforts.
- Develops and maintains Quality Assurance procedure documentation.
- Delivers functional procedures to the team.
- Recommend areas for process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a software testing role; prefer 2-5 years’ of experience.
- Experience with System Development Life Cycle models (Agile, Scrum) required.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies including automated and manual testing software and procedures in an open source environment.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for full product development life-cycle desired.
- Health Insurance
- 17 PTO days from the start
- 12 Company-paid Holidays
- Annual salary increases
- Shared profits based on performance
- Work/life balance
- Casual dress code
- Ongoing training & conference opportunities
- Remote workdays
- Awesome coworkers
- New Macbook Pro