PHP Web Developer
TIP is a digital transformation agency and creates awesome products consumers and businesses love. These amazing and beautiful platforms help to transform people’s lives to produce a memorable connection to a product or service that grows over time. We’re geeky, creative, techie as all get out, and inspiring.
For the past 25 years, there has been an exciting demand for what we do. Partly because we only do custom work, partly because we are really good at what we do, and partly because we’re passionate about making the world smarter and friendlier.
This is a full-time role in our Charlotte office that overlooks our amazing city. If you’re interested in playing the role in accelerating user growth, please read on.
A large part of our daily mission is beyond coding…it’s brainpower, thinking of ways to do what we do better, how can we be more efficient, how can we add that extra 1% that makes the difference between delivering a good project and great one.
We are responsible for a customer’s journey from the first time they see a product, through the just-in-time experience. It’s the strategy, research, creativity, functionality, data, and analytics.
The technology that we produce must be perfect, instantly-accessible, and immediately gratifying. We need your new ideas, technical wizardry and persistence to continue to achieve greatness.
- Strong development skills in an object-oriented language such as PHP or Python. Knowledge of common object-oriented principles such as classes, objects, inheritance and encapsulation.
- Ability to write clean and well-documented code that can be easily picked up by another developer
- Experience with common database principles such as inserts/updates, deletes, subqueries and joins or experience working with an ORM for development
- Has experience integrating with modern REST API systems
- Has used version control (git) for maintaining project(s)
- Comfort in navigating the Linux terminal
- Can write semantic HTML and knows CSS. You should also know how to use media queries and understand mobile-first responsive development.
Huge +++ for:
- Working with MVC frameworks such as Django or Laravel. We have several ongoing projects built with the Django framework and hope to use Laravel in the future.
- Development on WordPress themes and custom plugins, including for some websites that use WooCommerce. If you’ve built a WordPress theme or written custom hooks, then you should be able to jump into most of these projects.
- Some knowledge of virtual machine technology (what it is, how it differs from physical equipment)
- Some familiarity with writing automated tests to cover new code that you've written.
- Awesome salary – we pay great salaries for great people.
- Full health insurance – we pay 100% of your health insurance.
- Paid vacations from Day 1 – you get 12 paid days off your first year to clear your mind and stretch your limbs. There's more after that.
- Multiple company vacation days – let’s say that we like to take time off as a company throughout the year. Like we close the week of July 4, and from Christmas through New Year’s and several other times during the year, including company-paid holidays.
- Work-Life balance is tilted in your favor – with all of these days off, who wouldn’t be happy! Plus we keep our work within the normal 40 hours from Monday to Friday.
- All Mac laptops – hey, we’re creative and techy. We love new technology, new platforms, new tools, and new shiny things.
- Standing, sitting, perching and lounging workspace – we just bought all new workspace furnishings, gizmos, and tech.
- Gorgeous modern loft offices – we’re in the Carolina School Supply Building just 2 blocks from BOA Stadium. We’re so close that we can hear Cam Newton scream "Keep Pounding!".
- Winning culture – we’re 25 years young and we love to win. We’re quirky, funny, amazing and talented. Our clients love us.
- Grow into digital transformation – yep, it’s the next big thing and we’re ahead of the pack by a long shot. Learn first-hand as we do. Exciting.
- Shared job profits – yep, we’re that generous, but we believe that you should share in the job profits if you helped get us there.
- Supportive and caring team – we hope that you will like working with us as much as we like working with us.
- Team dining experiences – ok, we like to eat out as a group and the company pays for it.
- Continued learning – we encourage you to grow your career, so we’ll pay for you to learn new things that we want to do.
- Mentoring – our senior people know a thing or two about a thing or two. We’ll empower you to move out of your comfort zone so you can grow up to be just like them. Plus, you can teach us a thing or two as well.
Every person we hire is very important to all of us at TIP. In fact, we all take part in the hiring process. It's a team effort on everything we do.
We do not work with recruiters, freelancers, or off-shore companies. All work is made in-house in Charlotte.